Thursday, September 1, 2011

Preseason week 4 Preview

The final week of the preseason is finally here and I for one am really excited that the regular season is fast approaching.  In one short week we'll be enjoying regular season football but in order to do that we have to sit through week 4 of the preseason.

Honestly, I'm hoping and expecting to see very little of our starters this week.  After seeing Beanie get hurt in the third quarter of last years final preseason game, Whisenhunt would be wise to sit any starter of consequence.  With A-dub hurt, along with Toler and Williams out for the season, I think it would be really foolish for Whiz to press his luck and play starters in order to get them some extra work.  I wouldn't even press my luck with unproven guys like AJ Jefferson or Patrick Peterson.  Sit these guys, they are far too valuable to risk injuring them in this game.

Aside from that, I don't expect to see anything from the Denver Broncos either.  We'll likely get to see some Tim Tebow but other than that I don't see much happening in this game.  I know Whiz says that spots are still up for grabs but I feel that he already has an idea who will make the team.  I don't fathom some player stinking it up the entire preseason, then by tearing it up in the final preseason game he somehow wins a job on the roster.  While that might happen, I don't think it's very common.

I'm just looking to avoid any injuries tonight.  I hope our players stay safe and we can head into the season with no new injuries to report.

No comments:

Post a Comment